I am a conservationist by profession, with 30+ years experience of statutory nature conservation in Britain; an ecologist by training; and a naturalist by inclination. My passion is communication, as a lecturer, tour leader, author and broadcaster, trying to convey some of my enthusiasm for the natural world.
My talks are fully illustrated with my own images, and typically last 1-1.5 hours, according to need.
Example titles are given below (although all can be tailored to the audience or location):
- Gardening with Wildlife in Mind
- Wildlife & Conservation of the Essex Coast
- Wildlife & Conservation in Essex
- East Anglian Wildlife & its Conservation
- The British coastline – its natural history
- An East Anglian story – the influence of geology, history, climate and other factors on our present-day wildlife and landscape
- Wild flowers of Essex
- Botanical hotspots of the British Isles
- Moths & Butterflies of Britain
- Mediterranean Wildlife
- The Balearics in Bloom
- Wildlife & Wild Places of Menorca
- The magic of the Pyrenees
- The Western Rhodope mountains
- Our changing wildlife – the influence of climate change
- The world in a grain of sand – a close-up look at the insects and other wildlife we often miss in search of the bigger picture
- Fingerprints on the Landscape – 30 years of conserving Essex wildlife
In addition, talks can be built around other geographic localities: the Cevennes; the Burren; the Algarve; the Danube Delta; North-east Italy & Slovenia; Greece; Crete; Cyprus; Kenya; Cape May.
Also, more specialised talks and courses can be arranged covering Coastal Ecology; Breckland; Nature Conservation – principles and practice; Parasitic Plants and any combination or subset of the topics above!
North Essex/south Suffolk – £100 plus expenses
Elsewhere in East Anglia – £140 plus expenses
Further afield – please ask for quotation
Please contact me at
Tel: 07887 351596
or through the Contact link of this website
BOOKINGS FOR 2019
February 12 – Mersea Island Horticultural Society – ‘Gardening with Wildlife in Mind’
August 6 – Great Tey Women’s Institute – title TBC
BOOKINGS FOR 2018
January 16 – Great Bentley Gardening Club – ‘Gardening with Wildlife in Mind’